There nothing quite like an enjoyable day out on a boat with family or friends. Packing for a day on the boat involves knowing some things about your day. Taking along enough gear to keep everyone fed and comfortable for the day is the goal.
1. Decide how long you will be out on your boat. This will determine if you need to pack extra picnic supplies or snacks.
2. Know your destination. Some places have restrooms and some don't, so if your boat doesn't have its own bathroom, take along a porta-potty and supplies.
3. Pack sunscreen and lip protection. Apply sunscreen before leaving for the day and reapply several time throughout the trip.
4. Carry insect repellent and hand sanitizer. If you are fishing or exploring on small islands, the bugs can be a big challenge. Use hand sanitizer before eating any food.
5. Load up your cooler with plenty of water and beverages. Do not drive a boat while under the influence of alcohol.
6. Keep plenty of snacks on hand and prepare a lunch if you're going to be gone all day.
7. Take a change of clothes for every passenger and wear swimsuits, hats, sunglasses and skid proof shoes while on your boat.
Read more: How to Pack for a Boat Day Trip | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2079723_pack-boat-day-trip.html#ixzz1xsonxpxF